The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Legal Service (Qld) Ltd is a non-profit, community based organisation providing legal services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people living in Queensland. We are funded by the Commonwealth government to provide culturally competent legal assistance in civil, criminal and family law matters. This includes Child Protection, Prisoner Through Care, Coronial Enquiries & Public Sector Complaints, and Community Legal Education and Law Reform advocacy services.
Through strong partnerships and funding success, ATSILS Queensland is expanding its legal services to include new roles in a variety of locations in 2016.
We employ over 200 staff in 25 offices located throughout Queensland. As one of Queensland’s largest Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employers, we provide a culturally rich workplace within a social justice framework. We also offer attractive employment conditions, including:
- salary packaging
- flexible working arrangements
- structured professional development in conjunction with mentoring or performance feedback
- above award conditions including additional leave
- early access to long service leave
- study leave for approved work-related courses.
- Should you need assistance to apply for a role, please look at our How To Apply For A Job page, or ring us in Brisbane (07) 3025 3888 during office hours for some tips.
- We also run professional development programs in house, eg: Continuing Professional Development seminars for legal practitioners, and
- Occasional workshops in advocacy, mentoring, communications and casework.
Enrolled and currently studying students of law, criminology, justice, legal studies, advocacy and other related subjects or study pathways are invited to apply for workplacements with ATSILS. Please click on the above link to apply.